SKU Code: P656D/B3/AU
The robust 300m water-resistant MWC Tactical Series watches were specifically designed for marine, surface and airborne applications, they are manufactured to surpass U.S W-46374F Type 6 specifications, these watches were ordered by a bulk contract client and are based on designs made in the mid-1990s but with significant upgrades bringing them up to modern specifications, an example of one of the original 1990’s watches appears in the final image, as far as the upgrades are concerned the main improvements are the solid steel case (the first watch of this pattern in the 1990s was the P650 which was made from Polyamide), water resistance is increased by a factor of 10 from 30m to 300m (165ft to 1000ft), plus the screw-down crown and an impact and scratch-resistant sapphire crystal. The bezel and dial are covert with subdued numerals but the tritium vials mean the watch is easy to see even under the most adverse light conditions. The watch uses Swiss Tritium GTLS (Gaseous Tritium Light Sources) which are significantly brighter than any conventional luminous watch.
The timepiece features a high quality 24 Jewel NH35A automatic movement with a 41-hour power reserve. The watch is water-resistant to 30 ATM (1000 ft/300m) although it is not a dedicated diving watch it is ideal for all activities on land or in water and is manufactured to the same water resistance rating as our dedicated diver's models with a screw-down crown and caseback.
The main difference between this watch and many other models which we manufacture is that it is designed to maintain high levels of accuracy at altitudes up to 12,000m / 40,000ft without compensatory pressurization.
The crystal is military-grade sapphire which is highly scratch resistant with two internal layers of non-reflective coating. The dial features a radioactive tritium symbol. Tritium is a radioactive isotope of hydrogen. When it decays, it emits beta particles although these do not penetrate the skin, plastic, glass, etc. Whilst the vials contain radioactive gas even when they are all taken together they contain less than the personal limit of 25 millicuries - see U.S Nuclear Regulatory Commission regulations 10 CFR 30.15.
- Diameter Excluding Crown 42mm
- Diameter Including Crown 44mm
- Lug to Lug 49mm
- Crystal Diameter 32mm
- Water Resistance 300m
- Luminous Material: Swiss Tritium GTLS Tubes
- 24 Jewel NH35A Automatic Movement
- Power Reserve: 41 Hours
- Screw Down crown and caseback
- Shatter and Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal*
- Thickness 14mm
- Strap: 22mm U.S Pattern Military Webbing Strap
- 24 Months Guarantee
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch-resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security per