SKU CODE: XLD/AU/12/PVD
The MWC Kampfschwimmer (Military Diver) models are one of MWC's latest heavy duty range of divers watches and have a significantly more robust case than most other military dive watches, they also have additional crown protection, in addition this model also has the advantage of an impact resistant sapphire crystal and a scratch resistant ceramic bezel.
The thicker bezel makes it significantly easier to grip which is a feature which was specified in a procurement contract because these watches were specifically designed for use by Police and Military divers as well as for use in inflatables operating in cold and extreme environments.
This particular model has a European NATO format dial and is finished in a special covert matt black non reflective PVD finish, this finish is often specified in military contracts for many special forces units as well as by anti terrorist units and for various covert operations. In the PVD process the steel is not black all the way through because the colour is created by a special chemical PVD plating process which is vastly superior to the painted finish used on some lower quality watches which can easily fade or rub off. This PVD process means that the colour of the steel is altered at a molecular level, therefore it will not deteriorate even during heavy usage although it can be destroyed if the case is badly damaged by a piece of metal being gouged out or if the case is worn down by really heavy abrasion against rocks or something similar.
If you are looking for a solid black stainless steel military watch that is both discreet and has a high water resistance rating then this top of the range model is ideal. The watch is fitted with a high quality 24 jewel automatic with hacking function to enable synchronisation. The movement also has a 41 hour power reserve.
Dimensions and Specification:
- Movement: NH35A 24 Jewel Automatic with Hacking
- Water Resistance: 300m / 1000ft
- Crown: Screw Down Locking
- Width Inc Crown: 48mm
- Thickness: 15mm
- Weight: 120g
- Crystal Diameter: 31mm
- Crystal Type: Shatter and Scratch Resistant Sapphire with Anti Reflective Coating.*
- Lug to Lug: 51mm
- Case: 316L Stainless Steel
- Illumination: Luminova on markers and hands
- Strap: 24mm NATO Webbing Strap
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also&