SKU Code: G10/100UKGPV
The MWC 100m / 330ft water resistant G10 models in covert black PVD stainless steel are one of our longest established G10/GS series watches variants of which have been used by the military since the mid 1980s. For this specific updated model, we have been allocated the NATO Stock number NSN: 6645-99-493-1283 by the Ministry of Defence codification agency making this currently the most up-to-date approved specification - see attached image of the MOD codification sheet.
The watch has a highly scratch resistant sapphire crystal and an incredible 10 year battery life. Although this G10/GS Specification watch like many of our other variants traces it's origins right back to our earliest G10 designs in the 1980's this model is totally updated.
Whilst the screw down crown and screw caseback greatly improve the water resistance the Swiss Ronda 715li movement with 10 year battery life significantly reduces the maintenance requirements of the watch. The watch has a light sandblasted non reflective case, sandblasting is a process which has been used for many years by military watch manufacturers, the finish gives the watch case a matt appearance, and as a consequence it barely reflects any light. This finish is created by blasting the watch case with tiny glass or sand particles hence the reason it is referred to as sandblasted.
When we secured a contract to produce this model it was specified alongside the requirements that it be covert that it have a screw caseback, 100m water resistance, sapphire crystal and screw down crown, the result was a low maintenance and highly durable timepiece.
The watch is supplied a current issue heat welded black NATO webbing strap.
The back of the case bears various contract markings in addition to the unique serial number and NATO NSN Number.
- Case diameter measuring from 2 o’clock to 8 o’clock: 38.5mm
- Case Diameter: 40mm Excluding the crown
- Case diameter including crown guard and crown: 43mm
- Lug to Lug: 45.8mm
- Thickness: 13.3mm
- Weight: 66g
- Fixed Solid Strap Bars
- Dial Color: Black
- Luminosity: Super Luminova C5
- Case Material: Black PVD 316L Stainless Steel
- Caseback: Screw down, 316L Stainless Steel
- Crown: Screw Down 316L Stainless Steel
- Water Resistance: 10atm (100m/330ft)
- Battery: CR2016 Lithium - Estimated life 10 years
- Crystal: Sapphire with two layers of anti-reflective coating *
- Movement: Swiss Ronda 715li with date window
- Strap: Black 20mm Heat Welded NATO Strap
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher end watches.