SKU Code: SUB/PVD/ST/A
This watch is one of our current military specification divers watches in a covert black PVD finish, the watch has a ceramic bezel and sapphire crystal along with an automatic (self-winding) 24 jewel model with a 41-hour power reserve. This model represents exceptional value for such a high specification timepiece.
The special covert matt black non-reflective PVD finish used for this watch is often specified in military contracts for many special forces units as well as by anti-terrorist units and for various covert operations. In the PVD process, the steel is not black all the way through because the colour is created by a special chemical PVD plating process which is vastly superior to the painted finish used on some lower quality watches which can easily fade or rub off. This PVD process means that the colour of the steel is altered at a molecular level, therefore it will not deteriorate even during heavy usage although it can be destroyed if the case is badly damaged by a piece of metal being gouged out or if the case is worn down by continuous heavy abrasion against rocks, etc.
This watch uses the same 20mm NATO strap as most other military divers watches giving access to a vast array of different straps to suit your personal taste.
Dimensions and Specification:
- Water Resistance: 300m / 1000ft
- Crown: Screw Down Locking
- Width: Inc Crown 45mm (Exc Crown 40mm)
- Thickness: 15mm
- Movement: NH35A 24 Jewels and 41 Hours Reserve
- Crystal: Non-Reflective Shatter and Scratch Resistant Sapphire*
- Crystal Diameter: 31mm
- Lug to Lug: 49mm
- Weight: 89.5g
- Illumination: Super Luminova
- Strap: 20mm NATO Webbing Strap
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch-resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers, and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course, sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher-end watches.