SKU Code: SUB/82/ST/NATO
This divers watch is a remake of a 1980’s model which we made in the past, the watch has a robust stainless steel case and is equipped with a high performance automatic 24 jewel self winding movement. We have made a number of upgrades such as the shatter and scratch resistant sapphire crystal and the ceramic bezel. The dial and caseback are both unbranded (referred to in the military as sterile) which gives the watch a very clean appearance with a totally uncluttered face.
These models represent excellent value and are very competitively priced for such a high performance automatic watch of this type.
This watch measures 45mm including the crown and 40mm excluding the crown and uses Luminova for first rate nighttime visibility, the strap is a standard 20mm NATO strap as used on a wide variety of military divers models so there are a substantial range of colors options available if you like to occasionally change the strap which you are using.
Dimensions and Specification:
- Water Resistance: 300m / 1000ft Water Resistant
- Crown: Screwdown Locking
- Screw Caseback
- Dimensions: Width Inc Crown 45mm (Exc Crown 40mm)
- Movement: 24 Jewel NH35A with 41 hour reserve
- Thickness: 15mm
- Bezel: Ceramic
- Crystal Type: Sapphire with Anti Reflective Coating*
- Crystal Diameter 31mm
- Lug to Lug: 49mm
- Weight: 89.5g
- Strap: 20mm NATO Webbing Strap
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher end watches.